,1. Break the bank– to use up all of your money
倾家荡产,例句：,John knew that renting the ocean view apartment would break the bank, so he settled for a smaller apartment.
2.Bring home the bacon – to earn money for a family
赚钱，养家生涯,例句：,His wife chooses not to work, so Robert has to bring home the bacon.
3.Cash in on (something) – to make money from an opportunity
大赚一笔,例句：,The former athlete cashed in on his popularity to open a nightclub in his name.
4. Give (someone) a blank check– to let someone do whatever they want (as if the amount on the check were left blank)
让某人自由的按自己想法行事,例句：,The professor gave the students a blank check with the only requirement being that they turn in their project on time.
5.Turn on a dime – to make a turn in a very small area
在极小的地方打转，(流动)异常灵巧,例句：,The car handles very well and can turn on a dime.
6. Bet your bottom dollar – to bet all that you have because you are certain you will win
孤注一掷，把家底压上,例句：,I would bet my bottom dollar that Rachel will show up late again today.
7. Look like a million dollars – to look very good
显得容光焕发，看上去十分漂亮,例句：,As she stepped out in her wedding dress, she looked like a million dollars.
8. Pinch pennies– to be very careful with money, to be thrifty
一个钱打二十四个结,例句：,My grandfather always pinches pennies; he never spends money if he doesn't have to.
9. Put in your two cents – to give your opinion about something
揭晓意见,例句：,You can put in your two cents after I am finished going over all the facts.
10. For peanuts - for very little or no pay
赚不了几个小钱儿,例句：,The students had very little money, so they were willing to work for peanuts.