首页 英语考试正文

课本上学不到的口语表达第三波,英语入门

tz920525201 英语考试 2021-06-26 17:28:50 2 0

这些“反意”英文表达你能get到吗?

英语口语学习材料,这些“反意”英文表达你能get到吗?

课本上学不到的口语表达第三波,英语入门,01 I beat you to it.,►beat somebody to it:
比某人争先一步做了某事。,▷I was just about to open some wine but I see you've beaten me to it.
我刚想开瓶酒呢,看来你抢在我前头开了啊。,02 Jimmy stood me up last night.,►stand someone up:
放某人鸽子。爽约。,▷He stood up his date while he played basketball with the guys.
他由于和基友们打篮球,放了女同伙的鸽子。,03 All I want to do is zone out in front of the TV.,►zone out:
指让头脑放空,对周遭事物浑然不觉。Zone是区域的意思,zone out相当于头脑游离到另一个地方去了……,▷At the end of a long, stressful day, all I want to do is go home and zone out in front of the television.
经由漫长的压力山大的一天,我现在只想回家坐在电视机前发呆。,►in the zone:
相反的,in the zone就是指精神集中,精神状态极佳,尤指运发动、演出者的显示。,▷I love when I'm running on a nice day with my headphones on and I just get in the zone. I feel like I can keep running forever.
我喜欢天气好的时刻戴上耳机去跑步,感受精神状态稀奇好,似乎能永远跑下去。,04 Without further ado, I would like to...,►without further ado [ə'du:]:
闲话少说;进入正题。Ado意思是忙乱、骚动、穷苦……,▷And so, without further ado, let me introduce you to tonight's speaker.
以是,闲话少说,下面就有请今晚的演讲嘉宾。,05 I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.,►haven't seen the last of (something):
某事物消逝了,但你以为它还会卷土重来,就可以用这个表达。,▷We got rid of the ants in the kitchen, but I bet we haven't seen the last of them.
我们把厨房里的蚂蚁都弄走了,不外我赌博它们还会泛起的。,这是一个对照戏剧化的说法,以是常在电视里听到。好比反派被打败了,也许会有这样的台词:,▷You win this time, but you haven't seen the last of me!
这次算你赢!但别以为我就会这么消逝!灭哈哈哈……,06 It will come to me.,►it will come to someone:
会想起来的。忘了什么事的时刻,可以说这句话。,▷It'll come to you. The minute you stop trying to find it, it will find you.
你会想起来的。你不去费劲去找它的时刻,它就会自动泛起。,07 We went out of our way to please the visitor.,►go out of one's way:
起劲、费尽穷苦做某事。,▷I went out of my way to make sure they were comfortable.
我费全心力确保他们能住得恬静。,▷We appreciate anything you can do, but don't go out of your way.
你做的一切我们都很感谢,但万万别太穷苦自己。,08 Hold on. Just hear me out first.,►hear someone out:
听某人说完他想说的,或者,谛听某一方的说法。,▷Let him talk! Hear him out! Listen to his side!
让他说!听他说完!看看他怎么说!,▷Hear out the witness. Don't jump to conclusions.
我们要所有证人的证词都听一遍,不要武断下结论。,09 So do we have an agreement?,►do we have an agreement:
通常在商定一件事后说的话。对方赞成了,就示意讨论的事情就这么定下了。,也可以说:,▷Do we have a deal?
那就这么定了?,▷Do we have an understanding?
我们都很明确对方的想法对吧?,10 Just a heads up.,►a heads up:
给某人提个醒,提前见告一声。“Heads up”说法来自体育运动,在扔球前,让对方仰面,别被砸着。厥后普遍用于社交场所。,▷Just a heads up - we're going to have to meet soon.
先跟你说一声,我们很快会碰头的。,▷I wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be sending you the revised form for your approval.
我想提前告诉你一下,我一会儿把修改好的表格发给你审核。,11 When's it due?,►due:
通常指交作业、交账单的最后限期。,▷When is this paper due?
论文要什么时刻交?,另外,若是due的工具是人,那么意思多数指预产期。,▷When are you due?
你啥时刻生?,12 Well, what's done is done!,►what's done is done:|
无法改变的事情,只能迁就了。文绉绉一点就是,覆水难收、木已成舟。,▷It's too late to change it now. What's done is done.
现在换已经来不及啦,认了吧。,13 Can you put me up for a few days?,►put someone up:
给某人提供暂且住宿。,▷When my in-laws were here we put them up at the Four Seasons.
妻子家的亲戚来的时刻,我们放置他们住四序旅店了。,14 I might take you up on that.,►take someone up on something:
接受某人的约请,或接受某人提出的建议。,▷I took him up on his offer to take me out to dinner.
他邀我约会用饭,我准许了。,也可以用这个表达来接受某人的赌博挑战。,▷He bet me twenty bucks that I couldn't get a perfect score, and I took him up on it.
他赌20块我考欠好,我决议跟他赌一把。,15 I'm keeping my options open.,►keep one's options open:
守候中,尚未做决议。Option是选择、选项。,▷I want to keep my options open, so I didn't sign the contract yet.
我想再等等看,以是还没签条约。,16 You might want to reconsider it.,►you might want to (do something):
建议某人做某事的礼貌说法。适用于种种场所,是对生疏人、同事或亲密的人都可以用的句法。,▷Babe, you might want to trim that beard...
亲爱的,你是不是该修修胡子啦……,▷You might want to spend more time studying and less time playing video games.
你应该多花些时间在学习上,少玩些游戏。,►类似地,忠告对方不要做某事,可以说,you don't want to...,▷You don't want to rush things.
不要操之过急。,17 We've just been catching up with each other.,►catch up with (someone):
同伙之间相互领会现状。,▷It was so lovely catching up with you.
能和你聊聊现状真开心。,18 There is just no such thing as God.,►There is just no such thing as... :
某种情形是不存在的。,▷There's no such thing as love. It's just fantasy.
基本没有“恋爱”这回事。不外是你的理想而已。,19 I think you need to get your priorities straight.,►get one's priorities straight:,分清主次。Priority [prai'ɔrəti],指优先思量的事情。,▷Our top priority right now is making sure that everyone is OK.
我们现在的当务之急是确保每小我私人都无恙。,▷Amazing how fire exposes our priorities.
大火能露出我们最在意的器械,真神奇。,20 To put it another way, I don't like it.,►to put it another way:
换言之。Put,有表达的意思。,▷You're still very young, Tom. To put it another way, you don't have any idea about what you're getting into.
汤姆,你还太年轻。换句话说,你不知道自己现在正陷入什么。,▷Well, that's one way to put it.
好吧,也可以这么说。,▷The subject matter makes the painting a little, how shall I put it, undesirable for public display.
这幅画的主题有点……该怎么说呢,不大适合展览出来。,21 I get yelled at all the time.,►get yelled at:
字面意思就是被人吼,被人骂。指受到指斥、责骂。,▷I got yelled at for not calling.
我没打电话,被骂了。,▷Do you get yelled at a lot in the military?
在军队里会经常被训斥吗?,22 I will check on Jeff while he's not feeling well.,►check (up/in) on something/someone:
查看某人某事的情形,好比监视下属的事情状态、体贴病人的病情、注意小孩是否平安等……,▷Go upstairs to check up on the children and make sure they're all asleep.
上楼去看看孩子们睡了没。,▷I just thought I'd check in on you and see how you're doing.
我就是想来看看你好些了没。,23 It happens. Don't worry about it.,►it happens:
糟糕的事情发生时,用来抚慰人的说法。相当于说,倒霉的事时常发生,别太在意。粗俗一点,还可以说,shit happens。,▷A: My girlfriend just broke up with me.
我女票跟我掰了……,B: It happens.
节哀顺变。,▷John stepped in a big pile of dog shit, so Tom said "it happens".
约翰踩到狗屎了,汤姆说,踩踩更康健。,24 It's on me.,►it's on me:
我来付账。也可以说,This one's on me.,▷John: Check, please.
你好,结账。,Bill: No, it's on me this time.
别啊,这顿我请。,►商家免费送的商品或服务,可以说on the house.,▷I was the ten thousandth customer, so my dinner was on the house.
我是第一万个客户,以是那顿晚餐就免费了。,▷Here, have a cup of coffee on the house.
免费送您一杯咖啡,请慢用。,25 My computer is acting up again.,►act up
(疾病)发作;(机械)出误差;(孩子)圆滑作怪。,▷My left knee acts up in damp weather.
天气一潮我左膝盖就发作。,▷The children have been acting up all evening.
整个晚上孩子们都在圆滑作怪。,26 Is that a thing?,►(something) is a thing:
很盛行很着名,或者人人熟知的某事物,可以叫“a thing”。这是年轻人常用的口语说法,正式场所慎用。,▷A: His ideas are so out-of-the-box. They're boxless!
他脑洞着实太大了,想法好新颖,完全是boxless!,注:out-of-the-box:形容差异寻常的创意想法。,B: "Boxless?" Is that a thing?
Boxless?现在人们都这么说了么?,A: No, I just made it up.
呃,没,我刚瞎编的。,▷Huge, baggy suits were kind of a thing back in those days.
那时刻稀奇盛行那种宽宽大大的西装。,27 It doesn't hurt to ask.,►it doesn't hurt to:
做某件事有百利而无一害。,▷It doesn't hurt to have a group of talented, educated people living in your community.
小区里住着一群有才、有修养的人没什么欠好的。,28 I'm just looking.,►just looking...
示意随便看看,是购物时遇到推销的导购,最好的回覆。,▷-Hi, can I help you?
你好,需要协助吗?,-No thanks, I'm just looking!
不用了,谢谢,我就随便看看。
版权声明

本文仅代表作者观点,不代表本站立场。
本文系作者授权发表,未经许可,不得转载。

最新留言